Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Zentangle Challenge Week 3

Weekly Challenge #3 - Eyes Wide Shut

Draw a string with your eyes closed. Zentangle! OMG. This was hard. I started with a small uninteresting little blob. However, I like the end result! And where is my graphic 1 black pigma pen? Oh well.



Those of you who know me know that I can be kind of a perfectionist. And honestly, I hated my first go at Challenge #2, double strung (posted on January 1). I only submitted it because I wanted to make the deadline. I know that's defeating the purpose of zentangle, but it's true. :) Anyway, I did a second one to make myself feel better. I like it much better. It's not so crowded. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, you've really improved on the uninteresting little blob LOL...the piece is very pretty!

LeslieRahye said...

very fun! Love the filly borders!

arts4all said...

Even before reading your text, i said to myself, 'this gal is into precision! Everything is so straight and in line - but love the little unexpected twirly flourishes!

Anonymous said...

Speaking as a "fellow perfectionist" I like the first pic. Nothing wrong with trying to do your best!!i thought Zentangling was all about Precision!? Some of the Zentangles I have seen are almost beyond belief they are so "perfect"!!

Joy Manoleros said...

I LIKE it!! :oD I love its clean lines and simplicity. I think I'm still trying too hard...

Lois Heinani Stokes said...

Whispering ~ Release

Terri Stegmiller said...

I, too, like these frilly edges. Wonderful!

i am the diva said...

i like the fescu edges!

Tinkered Art said...

love the contrast of structure and delicateness very nice tangle.

Kit @ Dreamscribe said...

Lacy fun on this one! ♥ it. Namaste xoxo

Unknown said...

A very pretty tangle for what you said was an uninteresting beginning! You made it beautiful! I love the edges. Also like what you did with Cadent(?) in the second tangle...it looks like you unraveled it and laid it in a spiral. Cool!