Sunday, August 29, 2010

Zentangles are so relaxing

As much as I love my beads, I have abandoned them for the last few months for zentangle. *said in a whisper because I don't want my beads to hear.* For one thing, you can't really mess up a zentangle. You don't know what it's going to look like when you start, so you don't have the pressure of trying to get it right. For two things, you start with a 3 x 3 inch square, a manageable size, so you can finish one in a reasonable amount of time. I do them at lunch sometimes or at night to unwind. It's easy to get your mind off things that bother you when you're drawing something simple, but cool. I'm surprised some of these photos came out okay because at least two of them were taken with a cell phone.

This is my first official zentangle that I did in class, using an image transfer.

 These are tangles from my notebook that I work in at least 3 or 4 times a week, if not every day.

I love round images, so I do a lot of circles.

 If you've seen my past blogs, you know I like mandalas. Now I have zentangle mandalas as well.
Technically a zentangle is black and white. However, I love my sepia pigma pen, and I just bought some other colors as well. In class, I was told that designs in colors besides black would be considered zentangle inspired designs. However, I don't think it's that serious.

No comments: