Saturday, August 28, 2010

Catching Up

I haven't posted in months and to anybody who reads/used to read my blog, I apologize. I've been creating art, but I just haven't been sharing. As a matter of fact, I'm headed to a local art gallery in a few minutes to deliver a self-portrait that is going up as part of an exhibit.





I like the black and white version better, but the gallery asked for the color version. This is my first time working on canvass and I like the finished pieces.


I took a Zentangle class at the Art & Soul show in March or April (I can't remember which), and I've been tangling ever since! I've worked on one almost every day. I'll post some later. Nothing is safe from my oil pens, Sharpies or pigment pens these days - t-shirts, backpacks, notebooks, the cases where I keep my art supplies. 


I haven't beaded in a while, but I plan to get back on track with the BJP. I refuse to start and not finish two years in a row. 


I took a mixed media class at the Art & Soul show as well, so I've been working on several mixed media pieces. And I am still painting at least once a month at the Starving Artist Studio. I'm combining what I've learned in several projects - using mixed media on a mug that I painted, painting zentangles on pottery. Since I work so much, I ecstatic that I am actually making time to do some art.


Take care!

2 comments:

Deseree said...

Sacil, these are just beautiful! You are very talented -- (goddesspt2)

bohemiangirl said...

Thank you!