Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm going for a stretch

I know I just finished September, but I'm starting October while I'm on a roll. I was brainstorming for a theme when I found this quote, "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." ~Albert Camus. I'm working another huge project that has dozens of beaded flowers, so I decided to do a small one that I could finish, using some of the techniques and patterns from Diane Fitzgerald's book The Beaded Garden.


To stretch my creativity, I pulled out some fabric that I bought about 3 years ago that is totally not my usual style. I usually go for bright bold colors and patterns with an ethnic feel to them. But this one time I bought some fabric that looked "classic," Victorian and sort of like wallpaper. So I'm using one of these fabrics and I picked a fall color pallet that's not really a color scheme I use a lot. So far, I've only done one leaf, but it's a start.


1 comment:

Robin said...

Great idea and lovely start... That fabric wouldn't usually be one I'd choose either, yet I really like it. I especially love the quote by Camus!!! Robin A.