Sunday, October 5, 2008

Finished!


I finished my September piece! It doesn't look finished because I'm leaving the edges ragged. I'm not sure how I will put all the pieces together when I'm done, so I'm leaving options. This is my first abstract piece in a looooong time. It came together pretty quickly once I had enough time to sit and finish it. I think the meaning behind it is pretty clear, though.

It's sort of a swirl of emotions - some dark, most light, spring green for renewal and making resolutions...I think I mentioned before that September is my personal beginning of the new year. It's a little chaotic, sort of like my life. The spaces represent me trying to take a breath. If you look closely, you can almost see the 9s, which represent transformation. You'll also notice several yin yangs - my yearning for harmony and balance in my life. That's really my one resolution for this year - to whittle my life down to what's important and create more balance.

I have a tendency to take on too much at work and in my personal life and then not have time for what's really important to me. Hope you like it! I do! And I'm looking forward to doing October's piece.

Sorry the pic isn't the best. I do people better than objects. :o)

13 comments:

pam ehlers stec said...

It's really wonderful!!! My eyes wandered all over the piece taking in the many lovely colors and sizes of beads. Pure eye candy. Happy New Year, Bohemia!

abeadlady said...

Very nice work! I love that you didn't feel compelled to put beads everywhere. The open spaces are wonderful and truly give you a breathing space.

Arline

KV said...

I am going to assume that September is your birthday month, so a big belated happy birthday to you!

Your piece is amazing . . .


Kathy V in NM

Jacquie said...

Very pretty color combination, and I love the swirly pattern effect!
jacquie C.

pam T said...

Great colors, great page! I can feel your chaotic emotions flowing about with indecision...

bohemiangirl said...

Thank you everyone! I'm so excited that someone actually looked at my piece. :o) I am looking forward to making bead friends online. And thank you to everyone on BJP for your inspiration and willingness to share!
bohemiangirl

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hello Bohemia! I love the symbolism in your piece. The color and movement is wonderful.
I feel the fall is a new beginning also. I think because I live for summer and yard activity in the warmth. It just ended and here I am waiting again and starting an interspective journey with this project.

Nice to have a new bead friend.

Robin said...

WOW, Bohemia! For your very first BJP, you've made sort of a self-portrait piece... we see so much of you here, even without the explanations, I can sense your yearning for harmony and balance out of a life that is sometimes chaotic. It's good you are giving yourself room to breathe. It's a great pleasure to have you with us this year! Robin A.

Pursuing Art... said...

Hi...I am just catching up with other BJP members today!

Your September page is wonderful! You did a lovely job portraying your feelings! I, too, like the open spaces that are allowing you to breathe and your color choices! You are off to a great start and I look forward to seeing your future pages!

Have a great weekend...~Lisa ;-)

P.S. I'm glad you pushed forward when you weren't sure you could! We all welcome you! And, I meant to say that I like where you are headed with the leaf in your October page!

heidibeads said...

I missed this the first time around - I'm sorry I did because this is great! Was this really your first page ever?

CC said...

Wow! A cd! Who woulda thought of that shape? Obviously a very creative person! This is such a happy piece! I bet it's alot like you! And I can see the search for balance...I think we all want that! ;) Glad you're with us this year!
Warmest aloha,
CC

Timaree said...

This piece is so happily colorful. I love it. You did such a great job combining all those colors (I really love mixed up colors). What a great beginning.

soe said...

Wow, what a colorfull page. I love the symbolism. Don't you love the circles? I am totally in them at this moment. Don't know if I will be the whole year...