Monday, February 15, 2010

Trav'lin' Light



This has been one hectic month! I mentioned before about all the traveling I'm doing for work. I still have one more conference next week. And being in Baltimore with all of the snow was interesting. I've never seen that much snow! Even when it wasn't actually snowing, the wind blew the top layer so hard that it was like getting your face sandblasted! Needless to say, the conference goers were pretty much snowed into the hotel when workshops weren't going on. However, Gaylord National is huge with several restaurants and things to do, so we weren't bored. 


I managed to pack everything into two carry-on bags like I wanted so I was trav'lin' light!


In addition to traveling, the grant that I administer ends this month, so I am in charge of encumbering all funds by the 26th that we plan to expend. The local government is the fiscal agent, so there is all kinds of red tape in order to make it happen, plus all the documentation. STRESS! But I'm still making time to be creative.


Even though I like my February BJP, it feels too safe. I'm on the edge of a creative epiphany, but I don't know what it will take to push me over. Maybe when I can slow down at work next month, it will hit me.


I am so glad I chose a smaller canvas this time around!



3 comments:

Jody said...

I just love your beaded journal project piece, where ever did you get the "antique car"...what a hoot.
The colors are wonderful to.
Thanks for sharing & telling the story to.

Marty S said...

I like this one, too. I wonder what you will unlock for March.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

bohemiangirl said...

@ Jo Tee, I got the car at a thrift shop in Tampa, FL while I was at a conference last summer. :) Thanx!